What's Happening in Chillicothe, Illinois
What’s Happening in Chillicothe
September 12, 2023
September is such a great month to be outside for picnics, walks, bike rides, football games, cookouts, reunions or just an afternoon or evening sitting on the patio or porch. Already this month we have had Labor Day celebrations, Party In the Park, Ethan Koch Memorial Cruise-In, Peoria Casting Club Hog Roast, a concert at Blue Ridge Community Farm, and the American Legion, all with LIVE MUSIC for an outside audience. There are many upcoming LIVE MUSIC options available (see Events Calendar below) as well as several family activities…the Library’s Autumn Market, the Optimist Club’s Chili Supper and Bake Sale, Chillicothe Christian Church’s Family Fun Day, and the IVC Homecoming Parade and football game, plus much more.
At the September 11th City Council meeting the Council:
- Approved a Resolution for a Photoshoot at the Viaduct on Illinois Route 29 taking place Sunday, September 17th from 10am-noon. Traffic will be rerouted during the event.
- Approved an Ordinance for the 4th Amendment to Riversound Annexation Agreement
- Referred to the City Engineer to Review Riversound Phase Seven Development
- Approved a Special Event Request from MoonTower for the 2nd Annual Riverfront Party on September 30th from 11am to 11pm
- Referred to City Attorney to File a Petition for a Dangerous Building on 1007 Santa Fe Ave
- Approved a Resolution Regarding Solar Energy Systems – Target Date Extension
- Approved an Ordinance Amendment for Bicycles and Play Vehicles
City Council Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7pm at City Hall. The Public is welcome to attend.
14 Autumn Market - Chillicothe Public Library, 4-7pm
14 Optimist Chili Supper & Bake Sale - at South School Open House, 4-7pm
15 LIVE MUSIC - Wowie Zowie at Moontower Bar & Grill, 7pm
15 Nerf Night at Crossword Cafe, 6-9:30pm
16 LIVE MUSIC - Craig Gerdes at The Mill, 6pm
16-17 Peoria Area HAM Radio Festival at Three Sisters Park, w9uvi.org for more info
17 LIVE MUSIC - Fall Concert Series - Carsie Blanton, The Burney Sisters at Blue Ridge Community Farm, 2pm
17 Family Fun Day a Free Community Event at Chillicothe Christian Church, 12-2pm
22 IVC Homecoming Parade - from Cedar Street to Elm Street, Lineup at 1:30pm, parade at 3pm, game at 7pm
23 All IVC Alumni Homecoming at Three Sisters Park
23 LIVE MUSIC - Dallas Stump at Moontower Bar & Grill, 6pm
24 LIVE MUSIC - South Bound Band at American Legion, 2-6pm
24 LIVE MUSIC - Fall Concert Series - Kuinka, Emily the Band at Blue Ridge Community Farm, 2pm
28 Chamber After Hours - Wheel O' Time Museum, 4-8pm (OPEN to the PUBLIC)
28 LIVE MUSIC - Madalitso Band - Chillicothe Public Library, 6pm
30 LIVE MUSIC - 2nd Annual Riverfront Party - MoonTower, 11am-11pm
Keep in mind a real gem in our Historic Downtown, the Optimist Club’s Town Theatre, is open Friday through Sunday with the latest movies. Plan on catching a show this month. Come on out and see what’s happening in Chillicothe!
The City of Chillicothe
Where the Rails Cross the River