What's Happening in Chillicothe
What’s Happening in Chillicothe…
April 26, 2022
What a busy couple of weeks in the city…the Easter Egg Roundup in City Park, “What’s Hopp’n” scavenger hunt with the Historic Downtown Businesses, the Spring Makers Market at Three Sisters and IVC Prom. There are always fun things to do in Chillicothe.
At Monday night’s City Council meeting the City Clerk presented the Council with a Special Event request for the Chamber of Commerce Chillicothe Carnival running June 15-18th. During public comment Jeff Anderson of the VFW spoke about moving the Veterans Memorial, located next to City Hall to a new location.
The Council approved the following items:
- Proclamation National Safe Boating Week May 21st - 27th
- Council accepted the resignation of Darrin Gross of the Construction Commission and thanked him for his service.
- 2022-2023 Fiscal Year Operating Budget which runs from May 1st through April 30, 2023
- Public works and office staff labor contract
- Catering Retailer Class S Liquor License
- Parking variance support resolution for 822 N 2nd Street
- Facade for 908 N Front Street
- Fireworks donation
Other things around town:
Three Sisters Park held their annual Spring Planting this week. Hundreds of volunteers make this three day educational opportunity a fun event so 5th & 6th grade children can learn and experience what farming was like in the 1800s.
The American Legion is hosting a Trivia Game night on May 6th. Don’t forget the Free Electronic Recycling and Shred Day Event on Saturday, May 7th from 8am-noon or until the trucks reach capacity taking place in the Public Parking lot of Walnut and Third Street. The residents in 61523 can dispose of old electronics and sensitive documents! On May 7th The Golf Cart Pub Crawl for the Fireworks Fundraiser will be at the Casting Club with sign up at 10:30am.
There are so many things happening in our town. Get out and get involved.
The City of Chillicothe
Where the Rails Cross the River