What's Happening in Chillicothe
What’s Happening in Chillicothe…
July 26, 2022
Wasn’t the Corn Boil a great time? We have so much to be thankful for. Thanks to the VFW for hosting the Pearce Community Center’s Summer Campers who helped shuck the corn. Thank you, Schaer Farms for providing local sweet corn! Thank you to Castaways for cooking the corn and the meals. How about the music by Random Strangers? The Corn-Eating Contest? The vendors? The “Catch the Beauty” Awards given by the Shademakers? A good time was had by all.
At last night’s council meeting, The Shademakers, led by Alderperson Trish Connor and Maria Geiger presented “Catch the Beauty” Awards that weren’t able to be given out at the Corn Boil. Special Feature Winners were Paul and Joy Tolley; Hidden Treasure Winners were Jeff and Carmen Jenkins and Encore Winners, a new category this year, were Bob and Peggy Bennett.
Approved by the City Council:
- Additional costs for well improvements
- A donation to the Community Needs Agency
- Two facades…one at 806 N 2nd Street at Looking 4 Treasurers and one at 216 W. Pine Street at the Animal Care Clinic
- A Special Event Request for live entertainment was approved for the American Legion for August 7th and August 13th
- Work to be done on the new concrete steps on the west side of the 900 block of 2nd Street by Jason Engbrecht
- The authorization for the city engineer to bid a Water Main project in one block of Pine Street from 1st Street to Front Street
- The Midwest Foundation estimate for repair of six dock piles and roller system
- The Riverfront concrete repairs where the sidewalk and ramp attach to dock
- The agreement for TWM to work on the Bike Path/Chillicothe Trail Planning Project
The events finishing out July include the City-wide Garage Sales the 28th through the 30th and the next in the Summer Concert Series at The Mill, featuring Revel in Red, at 5pm on the 30th. In August the City’s retail stores will be hosting Chillicothe’s 2nd Saturday Market on the 13th from 10-3pm and The Mill will hold another of its Summer Concert Series, featuring Phanie Rae, on the 13th at 5pm. The 21st Annual HLC (Henry, Lacon, Chillicothe) Canoe/Kayak Jaunt will start at 9:30am at Henry on the morning of the 14th, ending 16.4 miles later at Shore Acres in time for dinner. Call the Chamber of Commerce today and find out how to sign up. A Summer Concert Series will be held at The Mill on the 27th at 5pm and feature Highway J. There is a lot to do in Chillicothe…come out and join us!
The City of Chillicothe
Where the Rails Cross the River