What's Happening in Chillicothe, Illinois
What’s Happening in Chillicothe
February 13, 2024
Winter events in Chillicothe turn toward the wildlife along the river. This past weekend the Rotary and the Lions Club put on a tasty breakfast for the Eagle Watch Breakfast at Shore Acres Clubhouse. The Peoria Zoo and the Audubon Society provided some interesting displays and the Chillicothe Public Library unveiled the art contest winners. This art is on display at the Library. The Chillicothe Chamber of Commerce opened its annual Chocolate Tour and Chillicothe merchants held an exciting monthly 2nd Saturday business event. The Henry Decoy show was held at Three Sisters Park. Chillicothe was a happening weekend.
At the February 12th City Council meeting:
- Reported the New Gas Aggregation Agreement was signed.
- Presented the 2024 Yard Waste Drop Off Schedule for Moffitt Park. It is posted on the city’s website with an opening day of March 20, weather permitting.
The Council approved:
- A Priority One Road & Bridge Project Truck Pickup/Plow and approved an expenditure of $56,793 to Bob Ridings, Inc.
- An expenditure of $4,500 payable to New View for the city’s boat dock recovery
- Waiving the bid process for the 4th Street water valve replacement and an expenditure not to exceed $75,000 payable to Walker Excavating and Midwest Engineering
- Vacant Land Sales Contract with Murphy’s U Store It, LLC in the amount of $80,000 for purchase of Bradley Avenue Parcel for Drainage Project
18 1st Annual Galentine's Day Event - Hunter Rose, 10am
20 Dance Class - Chillicothe Park District, 6:30pm
23 "Eyes" Cream Social - Odies, 6:30pm
24 Karaoke Night - Fundraiser for 4th of July Fireworks - Heather's Wine Nook, 7pm
24 ASL Pop-Up Information Workshop - Chillicothe Public Library, 9:30am
24 Marriage Enrichment Workshop (Chillicothe Christian Church) - Wescott Room above ODG, 12-3pm
26 Paint & Sip - Pearce, 9:00-11:00am
Come on out and see what’s happening in Chillicothe!
The City of Chillicothe
Where the Rails Cross the River